|Announcement: sfjapantown.org Website RFQ Q/A is Now Closed
Thanks for everyone’s questions about the RFQ. The RFQ Q/A is now closed. Below are the final RFQ Q/A gathered throughout the Q/A period:
1. On page 4, section 2B of the RFQ, it states that the base website design will have to “work with existing WordPress CMS.” Will the vendor be expected to implement the new designs into the existing CMS or does the JMA simply prefer using WordPress as the CMS platform vs. other CMS platforms?
Our existing site is on the WordPress CMS platform so we prefer to integrate the new branding and logo into the existing framework.
2. On page 4, sections 2C and 2D of the RFQ, the two options (“Mall Map” and “Navigation to Japantown”) that are listed. Are the two options meant to serve as the root concepts for the website designs? Or are the two options simply features that JMA would like to include in the newly designed website?
These are two options or “features” we are considering for inclusion with the redesign. These would be features that would be folded into the total job. I don’t see us separating the work in any way.
3. Are we required to deliver both options (“Mall Map” and “Navigation to Japantown”) or just one of them?
You do not need to bid on all. Just put “no bid” in that section of the RFQ response.
4. What does “demonstrate a cultural body of work” mean?
We expect each vendor to “demonstrate” or give examples of work in a cultural context. Work doesn’t necessarily have to be exclusively Japanese or Japanese American. Also, the work demonstrated does not necessarily have to be entirely digital but the work should be duly noted. For example, if a vendor gives an example of work, we expect them to identify the source and how it was used either digitally, print or other and the context surrounding the work.
5. Are you tied to just modifying the existing CMS platform?
Modifying the existing WordPress theme is preferred but if a vendor has an alternative proposal, it has to be identified and documented so our selection committee can understand what is being proposed.
6. Regarding the content management section, page 5, section xv.
We intended to say that hours may get inflated during the peak event season and maybe quite low for the off-peak season. We expect it to average 20 hours per month. We expect the vendor to invoice the JMA per hours used.
7. Can we outsource?
As long as the business is local US based entity that we will have be in contract with , we have no issue with outsourced labor but should be noted in the RFQ that the vendor intends to use outsourced labor. The entity should also have adequate business liability insurance to cover any issues that come up.
8) As part of the Content Management, the RFQ explains that we need to update the content in each of the sections such as News and events. Do you want to have us just upload/update content that you give us, or do you want us to create the content for you? We need to check with Japantown, we need to create the content for updating in the website.
It will be for content creation and content updates.
9) How big is the Mall map? What format we will be getting the diagram?
The Mall (East, West, Kinokuniya) has over 60 businesses over 2 floors. Japantown does not currently have a digitally formatted map.
10) Are there any specific formats that you want for the Website status reports?
We can discuss when the RFQ is awarded.
11) Can you let me know approximately how much traffic you get on the site currently? How many users visiting daily? This will help me understand what size of a server configuration you would need.
We don’t intend to share that information prior to award. I would size a server based on a server capable of delivering traffic based on a Ad-Revenue model.
12) Do we need to design the web layout from scratch or will you provide the layout?
The current sfjapantown.org site is word press based. We expect the vendor to work within the current framework unless told otherwise by the vendor in the RFQ.
13) Mall Map and Navigation to Japan town.
a. Is there any preference with the Map format? Eg: 3D ,2D…
No preference. Finding shops and locations is the priorty. How to achieve that is up to the vendor.
b. We can implement the Google Map API for both the map applications(“Mall Map and Navigation to Japan town”), but there may be some limitations in implementations. Eg: number of API request per day.
c. Does all the data for map will be handled by administrator? Eg: Mall details and address, Mall directory
As stated above in #9 we do not have any digitally rendered map for the mall.
d. Does Mall map means – a map to search the malls by various filters , the result will be the distance from the current location and the directory of the Mall.
This can be up to the vendor. But vendor must specify the tactic.
14) Event Management :
a. We can implement Google Event Calendar or Custom build Event Calendar, Is there any preference ?
No preference. Up to the vendor. But vendor must specify the tactic.
b. Does all the event data’s will be manageable from admin panel?
We prefer to manage it through the WordPress CMS.
a. Do we need to submit wireframe or sample template for Jan 31?
No. But enough detail has to be explained in the RFQ for the committee to ascertain the vendor’s approach.
16. Do we need to maintain the current server or Can we move the site to a cloud based server if it is not in cloud?
Up to the vendor but vendor must specify the approach.
17. From the document , it says the server cost need not to be included in Quote is that right?
All parts are mutually exclusive. This means all parts Website Design, Web Server Maintenance and Content Management should stand alone. A vendor may elect to “no bid” a certain section. This has to be specified.
18. For serial Virus checking and load balancing we need to install some third-party software’s, it will reflect in the cost of server, let us confirm is it ok?
Not a problem just specify the approach.